Jira is a proprietary project management and issue-tracking product developed by Atlassian that aids agile/nonagile project management and bug tracking
Project management tool description
Project planning, tracking workflows, and collaborating with teams for agile and nonagile frameworks
Multi-capability or end –to-end DevOps tools aid end-to-end DevOps software development with its capability for repository and versioning control, source code hosting, CI/CD, Application Security, Project planning, Testing etc.
Free/ Trial version
Cloud : Trial Version: 7-day free trial for up to 10,000 users
Free version is available: YES for 10 Users (Monthly subscription)
Data Center : Trial Version: free for 30 days.
Free version is available: YES
Armed with a credit card and a dream, two college friends, Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar set out to create Atlassian. Here is the journey of the company at glance –
- In 2001, Atlassian, inspired by the Greek Titan, is registered as a business name.
- In 2002, Atlassian became real with the launch of Jira 1.0.
- The company launched Confluence 1.0 in 2003.
- The company co-founded Pledge 1% and Atlassian Foundation was created in 2006.
- First European office of the company was setup in Amsterdam in 2009.
- Atlassian shipped first cloud versions of Confluence and Jira in 2011.
- In 2012, the company hit $100 million dollars of revenue
- In 2015, Atlassian was listed on NASDAQ.
- In 2022, Atlassian celebrated 20 yrs of being in business.
Atlassian now has employees in 13 countries with 200,000+ customers. They have 1% donated of all profit, employee time, and equity through foundation.Have contributed $132 million in Community members . Provided platform for 5,000+ apps in their Marketplace. Own 4M+ community members.