For large and multi-team businesses looking to improve productivity and coordination, GitLab Premium is ideal. It also includes business readiness capabilities for self-managed instances, such as high availability and disaster recovery, as well as enterprise-level benefits like priority support, updates assistance, and a technical account manager (for qualified accounts).
Advantages of GitLab premium
- GitLab Premium adds tools that let businesses examine team, project, and group trends to find patterns and establish uniform standards that will boost overall productivity.
- GitLab Premium’s advanced CI/CD and quicker code reviews make it easier to create, maintain, deploy, and monitor complicated application pipelines so you can turn around products more quickly.
- GitLab Premium’s release controls guarantee that teams only deliver safe and reliable code.
Gitlab Premium features
With GitLab, reviews are integrated into every step of the development process, allowing teams to work together to raise the general standard of the code and put in place measures to guarantee that the requirements are correctly implemented. Streamlined code review workflows will guarantee good code quality across all teams.
To ensure that only high-quality work is merged into the main branch, the merge request is also the core location for implementing restrictions.
- Every file in the code can have a defined set of owners who are then qualified to approve the file, making it easier to find the appropriate reviewers and approvers.
- The number of approvals required for a merge request to be merged is determined in part by the approval guidelines. For a change, several approvers may be put up. For instance, the code cannot be merged for a crucial backend modification without the backing of the backend, database, and security.
The ability to interpret data to create ideas for improvement offers teams an advantage over competitors.
- Reports on code quality assist developers in locating changes to the code directly in the merge request. In order to maintain the overall integrity of the code quality, quality violations are also displayed on the merge request diff view so that developers can fix them prior to merging the code.
- Analyzing patterns and trends in code reviews that can be lengthening the development cycle time is made possible by code review analytics.
The operational health of each project is represented in the Operations Dashboard, along with the pipeline and alert status.
- When a project is added, the dashboard shows the number of current alerts, the most recent commit, the pipeline status, and the most recent deployment date. The project list is shared throughout the Operations and Environments dashboards. A project’s addition or deletion from one also adds or deletes the project from the other.
Benefits of GitLab
GitLab is The DevOps Platform that enables businesses to deliver software more quickly and effectively while enhancing security and compliance, maximizing the overall return on software development. Every team in your company may use GitLab to collaborate on the planning, development, security, and deployment of software to accelerate business outcomes with total transparency, consistency, and traceability throughout the DevOps lifecycle.
With analytics and value stream knowledge, GitLab assists teams in managing and optimizing their software delivery lifecycle in order to streamline and boost delivery velocity. GitLab compliance capabilities, which come in a variety of price tiers, guarantee that your GitLab instance complies with industry standards. GitLab’s security capabilities may also assist you in adhering to pertinent regulatory requirements.
GitLab groups can be divided up into subgroups. Subgroups can be used for:
- Establishing distinct internal and external organizations. You can host groups for various reasons under the same parent group because each subgroup can have its own visibility level.
- Plan out big initiatives. To grant various levels of access to different portions of the source code, utilize subgroups.
- Manage the workforce and visibility. Assign a separate role to each group to which a user belongs.
The clear and adaptable planning method used by GitLab may be used by small teams as well as large businesses. GitLab repositories give teams a scalable, single source of truth for working together on projects and code without interfering with workflows. GitLab’s CI features, which are among the best in the business, enable automated testing, Static Analysis Security Testing, Dynamic Analysis Security Testing, and code quality analysis to quickly inform developers and testers about the caliber of their code.